About the VSLLS Placement Cell
- VSLLS Placement Cell works with the objective of providing the students with best opportunities in the field of law. The aspirants are placed with the best law firms, Advocates and corporations for internship and for post placement offers. It is the responsibility of this Cell to keep the students informed about best offers which benefit them in their areas of interest. Various grooming activities and career counselling sessions along with the training sessions are conducted regularly for their overall professional development and for their future endeavours. The Cell provides assistance to not only those who aspires to be recruited by firms but also to those who wish to establish their own venture by providing them necessary guidance. It maintains valuable relationship with its past, current recruiters and has established a good networking with the help of Alumni’s who are also in the list of the current recruiters. Some of the major recruiters where our students are achieving laurels includes Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co., Panasonic, Asahi India Glass Ltd., Lex India, Juris Law office, Manchanda & Associates, Bharucha and Partners, S.S Rana & Co. to name a few.
- The students are also interning with NHRC, Delhi State Legal Services Authority, National Judicial Academy, Telecom disputes and Appellate Tribunal, Central Information Commission, , the Supreme Court of India, Delhi High Court, NTPC, ONGC Ltd and many more firms.
- It consists of faculty members and team of students of VSLLS. We invite Advocates, Law firms and Corporate firms to conduct on-campus and off-campus placement drives every year.
- Students who request for placement.
- Students who register within the stipulated time by the Placement cell.
- Students who fulfil academic requirement shall be eligible for placement and related activities.
Activities undertaken by the placement cell
- Inviting law firms, corporate firms, senior advocates and other lawyers.
- In order to groom students for interviews and making them professionally skilled, motivational lecture or talks, seminars and training programs are conducted on regular basis.
Code of conduct
- More than one engagement in any job at the same period of time is not allowed.
- Regularity, sincerity and professional conduct is expected.
- Students who fulfil academic requirements shall only be eligible for placement and related activities.
- Students undergoing various internship programs are required to obtain No Objection Certificate from the law office and also submit the feedback form once internship period is over.
- In case of the violation of professional conduct, the student concerned is solely responsible and the institute shall not hold any responsibility towards the employer and the student.
Rules and Regulations
- Students must read the placement notices carefully, check the links provided (if any) and apply only if interested. In case of any doubt regarding the notice, they can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a student has applied via Placement Committee of the college, all communications should take place via the Committee, and in case the student is in any direct contact with the firm, the student must inform the committee about the same immediately.
- If a student has applied for any offer and gets shortlisted for an interview, it is mandatory for the student to appear for the same.
- If any Student confirms to join any Advocate, Firm as an Intern, Articled Clerk & Associate or any other, he/she shall join the same on the proposed date. Any change or rejection after confirmation should be communicated to Placement Committee well in advance. As well, in case the student is not able to provide a genuine and satisfactory reason for the same, strict action will be taken against such a student.
- In case of any default with regards to the abovementioned rules, the concerned person will not be considered for future opportunities.
- The Placement Committee reserves the right to change the above rules and regulations.
After years of rigorous training and internship exposure, it is important that skills and the knowledge of our students are put to fine use. The task of ensuring this endeavour is taken up by the Placement Cell. Throughout the academic year, Placement Cell is responsible to help the students discover their areas of interest. Having discovered their areas of interest and completion of other requirements to sit for placement, reputed law firms are invited for campus interview and recruitment.
In order to ensure smooth placement/recruitment process, VSLLS follows the following process:
- Registration of Students
- Call for applications from Students (With a stipulated date)
- Submission of CVs
- Vetting of CVs
- Application forwarded to recruiters
- Follow Up and feedback