ONLINE VALUE ADDED COURSE ON INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, LAW, AND POLITICS
Training and Skill Development in Legal Drafting & Office Management
The inaugural lecture titled “Civil Litigation Pleadings and Documentation” in the series of special lectures on “Training and skill development in Legal Drafting and Office Management” was delivered by Dr Arun Mohan, Senior Advocate on Saturday, 8th September 2018 at VSLLS . The audience comprised of students pursuing LLB and LLM students of VSLLS as well as other institutes. The lecture focused on crucial skills in basic rules in drafting of pleadings as well as drafting of legal Notices, Plaint, Written statement, Rejoinder, Evidence by way of affidavit and Caveats. Dr. Arun Mohan shared his valuable insights into the legal profession and shared the importance of forming right habits for drafting which prove to be the most valuable asset for any professional in the legal domain.
A series of seven special lectures – “Training and Skill Development in Legal Drafting and Office Management” were held from 8th September 2018 to 27th October 2018. A total of 183 students had registered for the series.
The lectures were designed with the following primary objectives
- To provide practical training in drafting and management of the cases toyoung professionals and law students
- To provide in-house training to them and equip them with the knowledge of fundamental principles relating to drafting, filing and office management of case files.
- To make them proficient in the basic rules of drafting including commercial agreements, power of attorneys, notices, Wills, writs, statutes, affidavits and other instruments in vogue in commercial and industrial matters
- Acquaint them with the procedures relating to filing of these documents, their registration, wherever applicable, and processes related to the filing of these documents before various courts, tribunals and other quasi judicial and administrative bodies.
- To hold mock exercise in the matter of drafting of these instruments and statutes.
Following Resource Persons addressed the students
|Date||Resource Person(s)||Supportive Material||Topic|
|8th September 2018||Dr Arun Mohan, Senior Advocate||Ms Monika Srivastava, Advocate (Visiting faculty, VSLLS, VIPS)||“Civil Litigation drafting”|
|15th September 2018||Dr Indira Bhardwaj, Dean, VSBS & Dr Surbhi Dahiya, Course Director and Associate Professor, IIMC||Ms Rumi Roy and Ms Vandana Kapil, Assistant Professor, VSLLS, VIPS||“Office Management for Professionals” & “Judgment Writing”
|29th September 2018||Mr Sidharth Luthra, Senior Advocate and Mr H S Sharma, Retd District Judge, Delhi||Dr Deepali Vashist, Assistant Professor, VSLLS, VIPS||“Criminal Litigation Drafting”|
|06th October 2018||Mr Sharat Chandra, Senior Advocate and Mr Ashok Panda, Senior Advocate||Ms Girishika Singla, Advocate on Record, Supreme Court of India (Visiting faculty VSLLS, VIPS)||“Drafting of Instruments”|
|20th October 2018||Mr Sudhanshu Batra, Senior Advocate & Mr J P Sengh, Senior Advocate||Prof (Dr) Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, VSLLS, VIPS||“Drafting of Commercial Contracts”|
|27th October 2018||Mr Ashwini Mata, Senior Advocate||Ms Monika Srivastava, Advocate (Visiting Faculty VSLLS, VIPS)||“Drafting of Suits”
- Course Head: Prof (Dr) Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, Professor, VSLLS, VIPS
- Course Coordinator: Mr Apoorv Bhardwaj, Assistant Professor, VSLLS, VIPS